Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Is there anything to worry about fatty liver at the age of 15 years ?

My son is 15 years old, just got his Hepatobiliary ( Ultrasound ) result, it says.... Normal sized liver w/ diffuse parenchymal changes; consider fatty liver Can anybody help me understood what is this means? Is it a serious matter? Thank you. Mau from Philippines
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Fatty liver disease causes a particular pattern of liver damage in children, with the most severe injury being seen in children who are obese.
most common cause is obesity.
first find out the cause.accordingly treatment will be given
currently no medical treatment that reverses fatty liver disease
if he is obese then increase their physical activity and take balanced diet.
if liver contain scar tissue it can lead to cirrhosis.
consult your doctor about this. if any medications required , take under guidance
but most important is weight reduction
take care
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor