Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Is there any way to treat bi-polar disorder without medicine?

I was diagnosed as bi-polar about 5 years ago, and quit my meds about 2 years ago. The past month hallucinations have skyrocketed to nearly every day. (hear, see, and smell) Is there anything I can do do lessen this WITHOUT medication?

Asked On : Mon, 8 Feb 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  335
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
It may be pretty difficult to manage manic state or severly depressed state without medicines. However you can meet a clinical psychologist and try cognitive behavior therapy (CBT).

Clinical psychologist
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
First mistake you did was quit the your own.
Now problem again started and you want to solve the problem without medicine,it is not possible.
Better you consult psychiatrist and start the treatment.
Delay of treatment will cause more harm.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 5 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Counsiling and there are certain foods to avoid, also sunshine makes manic stages worse.  I have been dealing with Bipolar for 9 yrs and haven't taken any meds for the last 5 . A strong support group would be very helpful. Good Luck

Answered: Sun, 18 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

without medicines? when you are so much affected with the disease i dont see any point in avoiding the medicines

Answered: Tue, 9 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor