Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

178 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is there any way to increase ovarian reserve ?

HI,I am 32 years old.My wt is FsH Level is 11.17,Lh is 4.15, TSH & prolactin is normal at 2nd day of menstration. doctor said diminished ovarian reserve & advice me to do any medication available to increased ovarian reserve?my husband also suffering from asthenospermia.his sperm motility(30%),count-120million.can i conceive naturally without doing IVF?
Sun, 8 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,   ,   ,  
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear sutapa,
Ayurveda can help you to conceive naturally. will you please let me know other details such as regularity of cycle dysmenorrhoea, any previou history of conception/miscarriage etc.
asthenospermia is easily curable with spermatogenic herbs. perfect health of both partners is to be ensured at the same time only then fertilization can be achieved.
dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Hello Sutapa,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
According to your report we can brief that you are having low oocyte level and your husband is having low sperm motility.with normal sperm count.
Both of you need homeopathic treatment for bearing child.You need to improve oogenesis and your husband needs to increase motility of the sperm and this could be managed individually managing each case.Mostly within 6-8 months of treatment you will the desired results.

For this you can consult your nearest homeopatic doctor and start systemic treatment for the same,

Wish you success in your mission,


dr jignesh parmar
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
for treatment of infertility both the partners to be taking treatment simultaneously
hsg advised to check tubal patency
medicines available to increase chance of ovulation and sperm motility
at 30%motility i u i may be considered
attend infertility clinic and both partners take treatment and follow advice
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Alisha's  Response
welcome to health care magic
yes there is treatment available in homeopathy for infertility cases.
both the partners should undergo treatment for better result.
HSG is suggested to rule out any tubal blockage.
you can visit near by experienced homeopath.
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response
Dear Sutapa,
Decreased ovarian reserve refers to the condition of low fertility characterized by low oocytes in the ovaries or impaired preantral oocyte developement or recruitment. Homeopathy would help you out to a certain extent (Homeopathy plus herbs, vitamins and lifestyle changes may possibly help. An article by Liz Lalor titled "Fertility Success using homeopathy" outlines a protocol that she states has been successful in forty out of fifty cases of infertility.) A detailed case history is required for which you need to visit a homeopath. Monitoring at regular intervals is of utmost importance.

Good results are seen in patients with low sperm count, but patients with decreased sperm motility do not respond too well to medications. But you may take homeopathy for him as well and get his semen analysis after 3 months which would give us an idea about his treatment results.

With the medications wait and watch for atleast 6 months, but even after that you do not conceive, you may go ahead with IVF. Discuss the options with your treating doctor.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Im 43, all pre-preg tests all fine but AMH only 1.4 so bit low. HyCosy also showed all fine. is taking Progynova 2mgx 2day recommended from day 1 of cycle until ovulation to help increase ovarian reserve or follice dvpt? any other recommendations? Thank you

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am 39 i went through my first cycle which failed. My day 2 blood tests were lh 2.74 fsh 5.32 progesterone 0.3 estradiol 74. My doctor gave recagon 150 humog hp 150 for 8 days. I responded poorly to the drugs only 3 eggs were formed and 1 was fertilized so only one embryo was transferred on day 2. She said that i had low ovarian reserve. I want to know why i didnt respond to the drugs. What went wrong? Were the dosages very high considering my low ovarian reserve. Please advice.

doctor1 MD

I have low ovarian reserve with value 0.07 with no cycle showes since 6 years although its showed up 3 months ago accidently , i know my case and natural pregnency is almost would be 1% possibility,however i found lot of cases that had successfull natual pregnency with some natural medications and herba or maybe life regeim, i need your help

Recent questions on  Sperm motility

doctor1 MD

encorate chrono 500 is prescribed to me twice daily with
stalopam plus at night,Colaspa Retard too,I have parial complex epilepsy, huge discharge of mucuous in motion
my sperm motility is nw low too and its count and my nerves have to strenghten as i am just married any advice

doctor1 MD

hello doc,
good day,
below mentioned is my semen analysis test ,i want to know if i am fine with that ?
and my wife is already pregnant so will she have any problem ?
thank you in advance .
asim khan from Dubai.

sperm motility : 1/2 hr 1 hr 2hr
active motile : 35% 30% 25%
sluggish motile : 05% 05% 05%
non motile : 60% 65% 70%

sperm morphology :
normal forms : 70%
abnormal forms : 30%

doctor1 MD

I had my semen analysis results today:

sample appearance- opaque

Liquefaction- incomplete

semen sample volume- 3ml

sperm count 50*10^6/ml

total sperm count - 150million

sperm motility - 60%

sperm progression - 30%-3 30%-2 40%-1

normal forms - 10% appear normal

sperm clumping - moderate

doctor1 MD

Height:6.0 ft, Weight: 99kgs,Age:30years
Hi, I have been using Levazeo 25mg 3 times a day for the last 1 year and looks like the sperm motility in me has decreased over the past year. Just wanted to know if this is really due to the effect of Levazeo. I have 2.10months kid and my wife had an abortion after few months of the birth of my kid.

doctor1 MD

Hi sir. My sperm report first time I have taked,my total sperm count is 15 million /ml, active motile 5%,non motile 90%,sluggy motile 5%,how can I increes my sperm count

doctor1 MD

hi i did my seman analysis today and reports are like volume 2 ml color miky white reaction alkaline viscosity 20/min total spermatozoa count 72/miliion active motility 40% sluggish motilie 40% dead motile 20% pus cells 2-3 rbc nil ....... im...

doctor1 MD

sir i am 25 years old man. i got married 5 years before.but i have no children till yet.i consultants​ so many doctors and every one says that you have no problem.But recently i consultants​ a doctor he said that i have weak sperm...