Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatmnet other than surgery for anal fissure ?

Dear Doctor.. my mom is 55 and she is been diagnosed with anal fissure ... it pains a lot for her and the whole channel is painful.. sometimes she cant even sit... she takes hot water treatment which gives her relief.. is there any treatmnet other than surgery ...please help doctor will be very greateful as i cant see my mom suffering daily like this...please help...
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  176
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Good Day
Yes, She needs to continue the warm water treatment or Sitz Bath. She needs to eat a diet rich in fibre and less of fat and carbohydrates. She can eat cereals, pulses, legumes, green leafy vegetables to add to fibre and prevent constipation which is usually the root cause in anal fissure. Also she needs to drink plenty of water. She can drink 2tsp of Ispaghulla husk in one glass of warm water if she is constipated more than 2 days. If the fissure is long standing it will usually require surgery but if less duration (less than 1-3 months) it can be cured medically. She can apply Xylocaine jelly at the canal before and after passing stools to prevent the pain. Also Nifedipine ointment in the canal will help reduce the pain and spasm. Try these and she should feel better and hopefully get cured. GOOD LUCK !!!1
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor