Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment to restore hearing as there is no ear holes ?

good afternoon sir. sir in my brother s ear holes are not present sir so unable to here so is there any treatment for this sir....... .
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
I assume that he was born without external ear canals. What is his age at present? Does he also have any abnormality of his ear lobes? You may need to scan the temporal bones to see if his inner ear structures have developed. Does he not speak at all or only some words? You may require to fit bone conduction hearing aids immediately. Earlier, surgery was the main option, however the new ear canal is not in a normal position and tends to close. Due to these problems, a BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) is a new option which will help him hear. If there is any defect of the ear lobes (Pinna), they can be surgically corrected or a silicon ear can be fixed, usually after growing up.
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor