Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment to make my voice sound more female than male ?

Im a 48 yo female who has been smoking a long time. Because of my smoking my voice has become very raspy, and I get mistake when on the phone as a male. This is very upsetting to me. My question is...Is there anyway to make my voice sound more female than male? What can I do to help this situation? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 30 Sep 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
raspy or hoarse voice in a chronic smoker should be evaluated at the earliest,
if ENT surgeon is not available, then quit smoking and take steam inhalation through the mouth
kindly keep us posted with your course
Answered: Tue, 11 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Quit smoking first.Get your vocal cords examined by an ENT specialist by doing laryngoscopy to rule out any pathology.Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
First you stop smoking as this may cause the keratinisation of vocal cords and affects the voice function. secondly voice can be corrected to some extent by removing this keratinisation from vocal cords by laser theraphy and post surgery peach theraphy, consult ENT surgeon with experiance in laser treatment.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 1 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor