Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment to cure e type jaundice and are there any possibility of survival ?

Hi my uncle is suffering from jaundice its level has shooted up to 41 what will happen to him My uncle is 55 years old. he is in hospital for past 4 weeks. he is suffering from jaundice also he is diabitic the level has gone up tp 41. doctors say its e type. is treatment is possible for him? what are the chances for his survival
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
At very high levels of jaundice the bilirubin starts penetrating the brain and causes mental symptoms and can even lead to coma. Whether the disease will reverse back or not depends on the associated complications he is suffering from.The treating doctor can tell you the best.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear,thanks for query.What I understand is that your uncle is having hepatitis e and his bilirubin level is 41.This is high but at time its happens that it stays high for long time.Along with diabetes things are tricky.Please take care and keep a close watch in his condition.In most of cases in absence of other problems things become fine in most of the be hopeful.all the best.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor