Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment other than surgery for severe constipation in a child ?

Me Naeem Ahmed.My son Mehar Ali age 1 year 6 months has been suffering from severe constipation from his birth.At the age of 6 months some P.Surgeons diagnosed him Hirschsprung after examining the report of Barium enema but they were not so sure about that.They suggested him rectal biopsy .Me and wife didnt wanna go for a surgery and for that purpose we gave much attention to his diet.Like in last summers we gave much mango pulp besides its feedings and he passed stool regurlaly but when he didnt pass it we used micro enema for that pupose.In winters we gave him porridge and pakoras then he passed the stool.In constipation we used micro enema and time passed away.During the last month he had a severe constipation we did our best but all in vain. Even his adomen swelled much.Is there any way out without surgery.Plz help me out.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Mail,

Welcome here on HCM.
The all other measures you have tried nothing else one can do.
With the time, the condition of your child worsens.
So don’t waste your time and get operated to have a healthy child.

Good luck

Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor