Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment other than surgery for pulmonary valve leak ?

76 yrs. old, severe copd , lung cancer in 1999 and had surgery, no chemo or radiation. Recently diagnosed with Afib and I get out of breath easily. I take pradaxa and verapamil for the afib. I had a cold in Jan. with a cough and since then I am terribly out of breath. I have just been told I have a leaking pulmonary valve. Because of my lung surgery and copd I don t think I am a candidate for sugery. But is there any medicine that can help? The back of my neck has been hurting for a few days. Might that have anything to do with this? Thank you for any guidance you can give. I should add that I had a cardiac catheterization and received positive report.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Atrial fib is a serious disease, i suggest you go to the ER and get yourself an ecg done if u have palpitation and chest pain with breathlessness. I dont think the back pain is related. Get yourself antibiotics for the cold and cough. Wish u good health
Answered: Sun, 10 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor