Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment other than surgery for an accident ?

Accident two days before. doctors saying to cut down the affected parts ... hye doc, my brother faced a train accident two days before.hospitalised and doctors saying to cut down the affected parts of lower leg .any other solution appartfrom cutting down, any nearest hospital
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Welcome To Health Care Magic,
You have not mentioned the degree of injury.We kmoe its really very difficult for you people but what your doctor has suggested must be the only and best thing for your brother.You can consult some other specialist for your satisfaction and see if there is any hope.But finally follow what would be the best to save his life.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.At times when the part is severely injured that the blood vessels that supply the distant part are cut and it is not possible to join them,to save further damage higher up ,doctors advised amputation of that part.This is required as the toxic chemicals from that part can spread to other part of body and lead to complications.
Please discuss in detail with the doctor and if needed involve a plastic surgeon also.
wishing him speedy recovery.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor