Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment or counseling for epilepsy child to develop good mental growth and attitude ?

I am 31 years old female and have a 12 year old daughter . We have been through very diffucult phases in life so she is not obedient and doesnt concentrate on her studies. She also had been under medication for epilepsy .I would like somebody to counsel us and help develop her mental growth and attitude
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hello rajitha
welcome to health care magic
i suggest you to consult homeopath as homeopathy will help your child to improve concentration along with epilepsy moreover there is no side effect in homeo medicine.
good luck
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Psychiatrist, Child Dr. Hemang M. Shah's  Response
Dear Rajitha,
Your daughter is passing through adolescent phase.
During this phase there can be various emotional and psychological changes happens.
Her behavior can be part of this changes.
As a mother this is a sensitive period for you to tackle with her.
Few tips are:
Be neutral, non judgemental, calm, behave like a friend, instead of ordering discuss the matter, and lots more.
You can be helped by cousellor psychologist or psychiatrist.
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor