Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment in Ayurveda or homeopathy to cure PCOs and hirsutism and conceive successfully ?

I m from Gujarat.Age 30yrs,female.Married from last 4 yrs.Diagnosed with PCO s.Facing delayed or no periods / Hirsutism ,weight gain from past one year. Switched over 2 doctors ,the present doctor has asked me to go in for ovarian drilling since there are cysts on ovaries. has undergone D& C procedure last year.I am trying to conceive and wanted to know can alternate therapy - ayurveda / homeopathy help me? do they take much time to show results?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  431
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you haven't told about your Thyroid report, blood sugar and hemoglobin level?
2. in last 4 years how many times you have tried to get pregnant?
3. PCOS is a lifestyle disorder, please mention about your weight?
4. what about Follicular study and Hormonal Profile?
5. According to Ayurveda, Pathology is in the Pelvic (APAN Vayu) area, leading to Obstruction to the flow of Menses, thus treatment principle followed by Ayurvedic Physician will be to clear the obstruction in the pelvis, thereby regulating the flow of Menses (Artava Dhatu).
6. Trifla,Trikatu,Arjuna,Shatavari,are useful herbs in hormonal balancing and clearing the Obstruction, talk with the possibilities with an Ayurveda Doctor near you.
7. because Ayurveda Herb act on the Pathology and not on the symptoms, it will take long time before you will eventually see the results inside you,you have to remain cool,calm and stress free.
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You can give ayurvedic or other alternative therapies a trial but the response rate is even poorer than what you get with allopathic medicines. It is better to ask your doctor to start you on ovulation inducing drugs like clomiphene for better results.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor