Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for typical calcific density ?

i am a nurse and aplying to work abroad.. upon my medical exam, it has been found out that i have a typical calcified density.. but on my premed exam, no abnormal findings has been traced.. is there any treatment for typical calcific density?, so by next time that i may came up with the exam i will now be cleared. thank you very much doc! have a good day! GODBLESS!
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query.
typical calcific density is not a serious just shows an imbalance in between your body calcium and vit D levels.

hence i would suggest you-
For Treatment of high calcium/vitamin D ratio you should start intake of more vitamin D if vitamin K is normal.
but vitamin D should be taken in moderation.Intake of too much vitamin D would be evident by anorexia, loss of appetite.

in general if the calcification is not causing any problems it can be left alone without any treatment.

thank you,
wishing you good health
Answered: Thu, 20 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor