Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is there any treatment for tinnitus?

I m patient of tinnitus for the last one year i.e. from jan 2013. My left ear gives more sound than right ear. My CT Scan of Inner ear is normal. MRI of brain normal, MRI of Cervical region shows disc 5 &6 degenerative and bulging and compressing left exiting nerve root. I always feel as if nerves inside my brain are moving continuously. I cannot sleep without taking sleeping pills. ENT Specialist prescribed neurobion forte, virtin 16, Trivstal LA, Restyl 0.5 mg (sleeping pill). Doctor also said that this disease is incurable in allopathy.

Kindly suggest.
Fri, 23 Oct 2015
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have tinnitus since 2 years which can be cause by many factors like stress , temporomandibular joint problem , wisdom tooth , cervical spondolysis and increase blood pressure. Main cause of tinnitus is either overall increase in blood pressure or local increase in blood pressure do to blood vessel dysfunction. Need not to panic about it. I would suggest you to consult ENT specialist for proper examination . Doctor may order certain test like audiometery , CT scan ,MRI , low and high pitched ringing to rule out conditions like hearing loss , exposure to loud noises , earwax build-up , middle ear infection. Yes you can fly as mentioned in query you have to put cotton plugs in ear to maintain pressure. Keep your ear drops along with you.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi,i am 38 yrs old female, suffering from continous sound in ears.and am also suffering from diabetes since taking allopathy medicine for...

Recent questions on  Sensory system

doctor1 MD

My,daughter,vidhi age 8 suffering from headche for last 2 months, we have get cheaqued her eyes but she had no number. The pain is not...

doctor1 MD

47 yr. old male, and I have been feeling a very fast, intermittent vibration in my lower groin area--similar to a cell phone, I suppose. No...

doctor1 MD

I used masterbate 5 to 6 days in a week without any lube. now i feel a burning sensation in the left side of the penis and a little musculer pain....

doctor1 MD

m mother had bad joint pains she too ataflam pain kilers she is also on wafaril for heart promplem ater taking the pain kilers twice she vomoted...

doctor1 MD

Hi i have had dizziness with the feeling that my eyes were shaking .several times over the last 24 hours and several times over the last couple of...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr, Occasionally since couple of days i get Electric shock pain in the left palm/ fingers and simultaneously on the left side of the cheek....

doctor1 MD

My lumbar MRI shows the following: 19mm low signal intensity structure withing central call at l4-l5, extending disc fragment posterior to superior...