Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for swollen testicles ?

Hiking in the woods yesterday and woke up with a swollen scrotum and a clearly visible tick. Extracted the tick with tweezers and washed the site with soap and water and hydrogen peroxide. It s still swollen almost double normal size 12 hours later, but isn t painful to the touch.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
Wasp stings can cause generalized and/or local reaction due to its venom. Generalized reactions can be severe and death due to anaphylaxis or envenomation has been reported. Local reaction can be as mild as swelling, urticaria, blisters but can be severe as to cause necrosis and gangrene. Acute management includes treatment of shock and anaphylaxis. Local reaction includes careful removal of the sting, which may release more venom. It is interesting to note that bees leave behind the sting and not wasps. Wasp bites are more dangerous as they are known to sting repeatedly. Antihistamines should be administered to decrease the allergic reaction and severe cases may need steroid. Delayed manifestations such as necrosis and gangrene require surgical debridement as it may predispose to spreading infection.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor