Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for severe insomnia ?

one of my friend having serious sleep disorder ..since from 10days he is not sleeping (Not even 1Hr) he want to consult a doctor ..please help..located in Hyderabad, India. Age: 25 Sex: Male Status:unmarried one of my friend having serious sleep disorder..since from 10days he is not sleeping (Not even 1Hr) he want to consult a doctor..please help..located in Hyderabad, India.
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Shaan,
I really appreciate your concern for your friend..He needs immediate help from a psychiatrist or both his physical or mental health would be affected. you could take him to institute of mental health at erragadda or the closest hospital to you..all hospitals have emergency and from there on a psychiatrist can take on this case..Doctors might want to know how this started or if your friend in on any drugs or under any stress..
Wish you and your friend all the best

Smriti Sawhney
Clinical Psychologist
RCI Reg no-A-12344
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor