Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for seizures ?

is there any symptoms to a person when his physical seizures attack? i am jinky,30yrs old,married,and has 1 1yr old problem starts when i was still in 2nd yr college, when i was still single.i called it mental seizure because anytime,anywhere,i always lie down.after my epilypsy attack,i feel like nothing happened.i will just know that i got seizures when my friends and/or family told mother brought me to the doctor and the doctor give me a medicine called phenobarbital and novaluzid.he told us that it is not a treatment to my seizures but it is just to prevent the permanent attack.until now,eventhough im already married,my seizures is still there and got harder and harder and become (physical seizures) physical memory was affected because i cant remember what happened to me during my seizure,i cant even know how to add and subtract.i cant even remember my past.i cant even translate english words to our own language.we go everywhere,everytime we heard there is a good doctor in that place but nothing happened to my mental seizures always attack anytime, there any treatment of my problem?is there any medicine that can cure my sickness
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi Jinky, Thanks for the question
From your description it seems like you have general tonic clonic seizure (GTCs). But, multiple seizure types can co-exist. The medication selection for seizure control depends on type of seizure, frequency of seizure, findings on EEG, CT or MRI etc. Thesedays many newer drugs have come up for control of seizures, Phenobarbitone is an older drug, less frequently used these days and this drug has side effect of decreased memory, increased sedation, and some other mental symptoms. In addition, if seizures are frequent, long lasting that also can cause mental symptoms that you have. Broad spectrum anti epileptic agent might help you. You may need do EEG, and neuroimaging and consult a neurologist for seizure control. Your mental symptoms are likely to be better with the use of newer Broad spectrum anti epileptic agent, cognitive remediation, consulting a psychiatrist, counselling. You can consult at NIMHANS ,Bangalore. ‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor