Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for prostatomegaly enlargement other than catheteral ?

sir, My grand father aged 92 having urinary problem .we have found through a physician that he is been suffering from prostatomegaly enlargement ie(155 gm) we advised to use catheteral. Sir please advise us to solve the problem without the use of catheteral.And to shrink it by medicine .
Asked On : Sat, 31 Dec 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  322
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Your grandfather is have prostatomegaly which can be either benign or maliganant.He requires evalaution by urologist for per rectal examination to asses the consistency of prostrate,Prostrate specific antigen and pelvic USG for post residual urine .Based on that treatment planned.

In some cases drugs (e.g. finasteride, prazosin, terazosin) can be used to shrink the enlarged prostate slightly. Most cases require surgery once symptoms develop. The operation can vary from simply dilating the urethra, to scraping away the part of the prostate constricting the urethra by passing a specially shaped knife up it (transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)), or completely removing the gland.Hope this will help you
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor