Is there any treatment for piles other than surgery?

I have internal and external piles from past 3 weeks,
The internal piles are now 90% better.
I have a external pile lump of around 1-2 cms (size of a peanut)
The medicine suggested by the doctor is daflon 500gm and smooth cream, in first two weeks there was about 20 - 30 % improvement in the size of the lump and also now there is no pain but only little burning sensation while passing stool (may be due to internal piles). The doctor said that after the course of 1 month if the piles still exist - than I will have to meet a surgeon.
I want to avoid a surgery - is there any other option. Pls suggest

Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. Some advice that I can give you are:

1) Apply an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone.
2) Use pads containing witch hazel or a numbing agent.
3) Soak regularly in a warm bath or sitz bath. Soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.

Hope my answer was helpful. Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician