Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for paralysis ?

my father now age 57 has paralysis attack in sep 2006 when he was nearly 53..his left part of body get [aralysid.after 6 months by medicines n other exersice traetment he was able to walk slowly but his left hand not get at this time 4 n half year passed but his left hand not moving he is not able to work or catch things with left there any proper good treatment for curring paralysis
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Paralysis due to stroke carries major morbidity in elderly.The reversal of stroke events inside the brain depend on the time treatment started .The paralytic limbs gain strength by good physiotherapy and control of hypertension.Though after 4 years of paralysis the results are not quick and marked , you should try physiotherapy.Regular physiotherapy can bring back the muscle strength and a scope to recover.
So , I advise you to visit Physiotherapist near your area and get regular therapy done.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor