Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for ovarian cyst ?

hello doctor ,I m 30 years old and doctor predicted that i have follicular ovarian cyst .Presently i am taking Metformin 500mg tablet(twice a day).Really i got stressed nowadays.I got married before 4 yrs.And after 1.5 yrs got one miscarriage also.Is that cyst is recoverable problem or not?Can i go for IVF?Can you pls suggest good gynaecologist in chennai.Thanks for your reply in advance
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  368
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You could have been given metformin for PCOS,high blood sugar.The cyst can be of 2 types.Either its a single large cyst or polycystic ovaries.You need to thuroughly evaluated as to what the problem might be apart from the cyst.Accordingly treatment is variable.IVF is the last resort.Before that there are other factors to consider.Its a lengthy process.You should consult a good OBGYN /fertility specialist.Try Apollo Hosp in chennai.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor