Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for hearing loss ?

I am 42 years old.when i was 19 years old i had appendix operation,at that time i had lost hearing though it started after taking medicine from ent doctors,but after that i have started an air passing like sound in my both ears and leading to hear loss very slowly.i had seen so many doctors but does nt improve.Is there any treatment for this problem.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  506
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Have you been on medication like Streptomycin, Amikacin as these are toxic to inner ear. Was there any trauma. You need to get a complete evaluation by Audiometry and other tests if required to quantitate and identify type of hearing loss. Depending on the results the appropriate therapy will be advised.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor