Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for Y-chromosome inversion ?


In my chromosome analysis it was found that my Y-chromosomes were inverted. My wife had 2-3 miscarriage in last 3 years. We are doubting that Y-chromosome inversion could be the reason of the same.

Is there any treatment of this problem (Y-chromosome inversion)?

Should we try for baby before treatment of this problem?




Asked On : Sat, 14 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  641
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks fr the query
Inverted Y chromosomes does not impede the production of normal sperm and does not predispose to nondisjunction of other chromosomes in the progeny. Thus, the earlier concept of nondisjunction was rejected, and it is suggested that aberrant cases with aneuploldy and an inverted Y are fortuitous. The pericentric inverted Y is inherited from generation to generation and has no clinical significance The prevalence of males with pericentric Y inversion in the general population is approximately 1 per 1000. It is suggested that a periceniric inversion of the Y chromosomes is a rare chromosomal heteromorphism.

Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor