Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for Congenitial Melanocytic Nevus in children ?

Hi my daughter is a 20 month old with a congenital maelanocytic nevus with features of atypia its about 3cm irregulary-pigmented and bordered patch on her right medial labia majora extending towards introtus. She was born with this. I ve gone to a dermotoligist however was refered to get a second or even third opinion.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Elizabeth
congenital melanocytic nevus has a potential of developing cancerous change.
3cm nevus with atypia is certainly a cause of worry.
Is it growing or stationary?
Wat is histological report?

Early surgical excision is recommended in rapidly growing CMN.
If its stationary you can wait for few months,
Other treatmnet are laser ,cryo surgery, dermabrasion.

If you can mail me photos and answers at

TaKE care.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor