Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is there any test which can say whether i have HIV or not?

Six days back i had unprotected sex with my casual partner and now i came to know she is having many such relations. now i dont speak to her, now i am worried that what if i have got HIV. here they say that i should wait for 6 weeks to get my blood testing to be positive in the tests. is there any test which can say whether i have HIV or not. now it is seventh day after i had sex with her
Asked On : Thu, 24 Sep 2009
Answers:  10 Views:  1310
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,
Yes, the best test to identify HIV on early stage is HIV PCR (POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION).
It is most accurate and give the results of status earlier than any other test.
Do not panic ,know your status first and then proceed as per results.
Take care of health.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pulmonologist Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 's  Response
HI piyush pandey

you have no way to wait for 6 weeks. instead you can go for testing your partner if she wills. till you come negative abstain from your sexual relation to wife. and never take these risks seems educated person....

best wishes
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
please wait for two month. and be caution. dont do this kind of experiment. there is no way. you have to wait and watch.
wish you good health
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
  User's Response
why yu guys go for multiple sexual partners, cant you be loyal to your wife. atleast understand the risk if the partner is unknown if the partner has any disease. if you do sex also use condoms and do. young age more desires but end up in trouble.
Answered: Tue, 13 Oct 2009
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Ghazi Sharique Ahmad's  Response
If she is living with HIV, then you are at risk. test comes positive only after 6-12 weeks. you should abstain from such relationship (with your wife also) for said period if possible or go for safe practices (safe sex, no blood donation) till 3 months when you will get a test result NEGATIVE.
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I read in the paper that ther eis new method of doing HIV test. In this it was given that you can detect the HIV as early as possible. So contact near by hospital to know if any thing else is available
Answered: Tue, 13 Oct 2009
  User's Response
yes u have to wait...the test is called as DNA PCR....there is no test in the entire world...which will give u the result before this..this is my self experiance..and that too done only in few hospitals and very costly affair...
Answered: Tue, 13 Oct 2009
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

i have read that there is something caled 'window period' for HIV virus. it can be detected only after that perod is over.

Answered: Thu, 24 Sep 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor