Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is there any test to know from how long I am suffering from hypothyroidism ?

Today i got TSH test results & its show 7.45 where is normal is 0.5 to 5 ,how can i know since how long i was suffering from Hypothyroidism .Am 28yr old male weighing 76kgs ,175 cms height
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The TSH levels only show the present status of your thyroid function. There is no way to know that for how long have you been suffering from this problem.
You need to get T3, T4 levels also tested and start taking thyroid supplements after consulting your endocrinologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
It is difficult to know since when you have been suffering from hypothyroidism. But we can try.
Take a closer look in to things : sicne when do you think you started piling weight, since when do you think you started feeling sleepy or lethargic, since when did you start loosing your hair a lot.
In case your answer to all these questions is never, may be you have a subclinical hypothyroidism wherein pt does not have symptoms but has abnormal labs.
so incase you have symptoms see a doc for detailed evaluation and start treatment.
hope this is helpful.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor