Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Is there any substitute for dialysis ?

hi ,my father is 76 years old and has renial kidney faliure.currently he is on there any way to take him off dialysis.he has been on hemodialysis for four months but was uncomfortable with that because he was loosing weight very rapidly and also his taste for food was becoming bad,consequently he started getting weak,but now with capd he has started gaining weight and also signs of weakness are going down.he has no other problem,his sugar is normal,he is not a bp patient and his critnene is around 8.but may i request any method which u can recomend by which his kidneys can start working again or he can be taken off dialysis.thank u.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
your father is having renalfailure
the treating doctor will guide you best with differnt treatment options which are not much
hope your father's pain is relieved and gets well
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor