Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Is there any specific name for this annoying condition I have ?

Is there any specific name for this annoying condition I have ? So since I was little I have always had to do stuff like this. Example Turn the light off four times in a row, or two times as long as it always had pairs of groups of pairs. Pet the cat two or four times before i left the house. when i go to leave the house i have to turn the light off and run back to the light and touch it. I have to make sure when I have something lined up its in pairs or group of pairs. Its really annoying and I wanted to know if other people get it? and what its called.. Its starting to bother me really bad. Ive been told it was OCD but I dont see why it would be? Thank u. Oh and I was also told I had OCD because of me always having to have everything clean, BUT I am not that way anymore, its just the having to touch things four times not the straightening up.. :(
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
It is definitely OCD. I have witnessed similar symptoms.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor