Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Is there any side effects of tricort 10 injection which is being used to treat patches of hair on head and beard ?

Does regular use of tricort 10 injection has any side is being used to treat alopecia areota. patches on my head and beard
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  628
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,

You are having alopecia areata and treated by Tricort which is a form of corticosteroid and is known treatment of this condition.

In case of long term use steroid can cause some side effects but the dose and effects are monitored by Dermatologist.

Infections,Hyperacidity, water retention and swelling,drug induced high blood sugar,thin and fragile skin.

Please do not worry as in case of local treatment very low dose is used and any significant side effects are less likely.

Hope this information helps.

Take care
Good Luck
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor