Is there any side effect of hormone replacement therapy?

I went through menopause at 38 years of age. I went on hormone replacement at the time, and have continued it since. I take estradiol 1mg & progesterone 2.5 mg tablets. I am in excellent health, I have never had the flu. The last time I had a cold was 8 years ago. I get my yearly wellness exam, I all my readings are good. I take no other prescriptions. Doctors have different ideas on hormone replacement, some are for and some are against. Because I am in such good health, I am afraid to stop hormone replacement. My present doctor thinks I am too old & should stop, my previous doctor saw no problem with continuing. What do you suggest?
Wed, 18 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Hormone replacement therapy predisposes you to high blood pressure, venous thrombosis, breast tumors, etc. Needs regular check up by gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.