Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is there any relation between smoking and convulsion ?

hello sir,my brother is drinking and smoking last 8 yrs,but now i have some other problem like convulsion(seizers),sir i want to know that any relation bet somking and this problem
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,
Smoking and alcohol affects our body and mind in many ways, its very harmful to smoke and drink if he has convulsion, start the proper treatment for that and quit smoking and drinking.
Hope I have answered ur question
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
There is a direct link between drinking alcohol and seizures. If a person who is consuming alcohol regularly for a long time, abruptly stops drinking the same, he can develop seizures. This is because, in the long run, our body gets used to constant presence of alcohol (alcohol dependence). However, smoking is not directly related to seizures.
It is advisable to consult a psychiatrist for advise regarding alcohol use and smoking. It may also be necessary to rule out other causes of seizure.
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor