Is there any relation between dizziness and fractured fibula?

I thought I sprained my ankle badly week and a half ago and did the RICE therapy. On Monday I saw an orthopedist who said I had actually fractured my fibula and put me in an air cast. She said I could walk without crutches on the cast and that my swelling would go down. My foot is still swollen, but the troubling thing is that in the past 2 days I have gotten extremely light headed and felt like I was going to faint (this has never happened before). This has happened after long periods of walking/moving around. Could this be related to my ankle?
Wed, 20 Feb 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

What I would say is this nowhere related to the fracture of the fibula.

Next thing I would like to know are you on any medications? if so please check this could be related to that. Also, what is your age? are you on any High blood pressure medication? are you diabetic?

if the above one doesn't fit your category than this should be just having weakness of the body and nothing else.

For swelling, I would advise you to keep the leg elevated over a pillow at most times because you have a cast applied and also there is very less mobility, so there will be an obvious chance of reduced venous return. Keeping the leg elevated helps more.

Try having Lemon juice with added auger and pinch of salt for dizziness.

Rest assured, you should do well.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel, Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist