Is there any relation between acute pharyngitis and rheumatic arthritis ?

i am suffering from rheumatic arthritis from 2004 in earlier doctor recommended for penidure 12 lac. unit (penicillin) injection. but from 3 years the doctor change it and started kaypen 250 mg (penicillin tablet ). and it continued to till date.10 to 12 days before i was infected with throat infection like pharyngitis with. i suppose it will cure automatically because i already took antibiotic tablet daily. but now 12 days passed the throat infection is same with too much pain....today i consult with the docter. he examine and said it is acute pharyngitis.......so please anyone tell me is there any relation with throat infection and rheumatic......
Sat, 7 May 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. Please get a throat swab sent for culture and antibiotic sensitivity. Then add antibiotics accordingly.
2. Remember to also send an additional throat swab to check for fungal infection or oral thrush, which may complicate the picture due to long term use of antibiotics.
3. Viral infections will not respond to antibiotics, but you will need supportive medication such as pain relievers, anti histaminics and medicated gargles like Betadine.
4. Certain medications for arthritis may cause sore throat.
5. Rarely, if there is no fever, there may be no infection at all and the pain may be due to advanced arthritis of the delicate joints in the throat and neck.