Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Is there any problem to work who went to psychosis earlier

Hi there, My nephew smoked cannabis at the age of 15 and went into psychosis and came out of it without medication and was perfectly fine for 3 years. Then when he reached the age of 18 he briefly experimented again with cannabis and the same symptoms happened, he came out of the psychosis again quite quickly without the aid of medication, he has promised never to do this again as he would like to train to become as an electrician, would this be wise for him to choose this career path? Kindest regards, Julia
Asked On : Sat, 1 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Psychosis? What do you mean? Schizophrenia? Paranoia?


Answered: Sat, 15 May 2010
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. R. Rehan Baig's  Response
Hi Julia,
Your nephew's problem is a common problem seen in teens betweene 15 to 20 years. During this period, these boys explore and land up in addictions. You should take help from a good clinical psychologist to resolve this problem. Choosing to train as an electrician will
not pose any problem. So, do not worry. Encourage and motivate him to busy himselv
es on pursuing his dreams. Follow the advice of your clinical psycologist.
Feel free to ask any additional queries.
Wish you and your nephew good health.

Answered: Sat, 12 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor