Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Is there any powder to grow tall ?

Hello doctor i am charan and i am 18 years old,i am doing strectching exercises at home and also i am going to gym and i am seeing a good result but wat medicines should i take to grow taller quickly and is there any powder ex:complan etc which can be mixed with milk for growth.pls help me doctor i want to grow taller very quickly.Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  756
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Charan,

Welcome to HCM.
Height is genetically determined and not much can be done. If both or one of your parents are tall then you have a possibility of gaining height. You can take calcium sandoz tab. one daily for a month. Eat lots of green fresh vegetables and fruits. Hang and swing from rings hanging down from roof. Do jogging.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi charan!
Welcome to there are no quick fixes for tallness.Mostly it is in your genes and to a certain extent physical activity.You still have 1-2 years before the growth spurt stops .Try playing heavy sport like basketball,volleyball.Have good nutritious diet rich in protein,milk,eggs,lean meat etc..Since you are getting good result .continue with the same.remember drugs have side effects .Incase you wish you can contact a good orthopedic surgeon for surgery,but that has risks.Take care.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Since you are 18 there are little chances to grow your ht as near this age epiphyseal
fusion occurs, at times fusion may be late by one or two years. after fusion long bones
donot grow in lenth.No drugs will help you to grow your Ht what ever help you may
get is out of good nutritious diet and some stretch exercise single bar hanging, cycling
etc may help you. Thanks
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic forum,
no medicine will gelp you to grow taller than what you can as far as your genetic make up is concerned. so dont worry
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor