Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Is there any other way than surgery to find out whether u have cancer in uterus ?

Hi Recently i went to a weightloss program in India as I am overweight and noted that i was not losing any weight. I was told to consult gynac as my periods did not stop for 2 weeks. Thus, tests were done and I was told that i have a cyst above my ovary which needs to be removed. Within a week the cyst grew bigger and I was told that there is water in my uterus. Then they did c125 test which was 65. Then my gynac told me that there is a possiblility that I have cancer of the uterus or something. Now I am consulting doctors...and have been told that they may need to take out my uterus (I am only 29 not married). THis is abit of a shock for me. They said they will operate to take out my cyst and then durin surgery they will do test and see if they need to take out uterus. But my question is, is there a way to know before surgery if I have cancer.. I have heard of biopsy... is this the solution? Please advise ASAP. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Two things can be done.
Go for Pap smear test which is mainly for cervical cancer but may give some clue about uterus.
2,go for D&C.usually they do not go as there is difficulty in dilation of cervix in unmarried female.but I think this is not measure problem.
You ask about this.
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
At present they are going for removal of ovarian cyst only so nothing to worry.
they will take biopsy as you are taking of,a piece of uterine tissue and they will go for biopsy and they will get report while doing procedure of removing ovarian cyst.
If report is normal they wont touch your uterus.
As this is big problem for your life you can take second opinion.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor