Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Is there any other option than removing the uterus in one with bulky uterus and fibroids ?

i am having uterine fibroid which is formed on the outer wall of the uterus . i am 42 years old. i have bulky uterus. for the past 6 months i looked very pale and unhealthy. i am taking ayurvedic medicines from 2 months and been suggested to go for scaning after a month. the doctor suggests that since the fibroid is formed on the mouth of the uterus it can be cured. however, the stomach part looks bulged. may be i do not follow good dietary measures and due to work pressure do not exercise properly. please suggest a healthy dietary measure and exercise routine. my gynac suggested that removal of uterus is the only remedy because removing fibroids has a chance of re-occuring. can i save my uterus
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  532
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Consult with an interventional radiologist. Uterine fibroids especially those that are solitary can be embolized. This is a procedure that blocks off the blood vessels to the fibroid. the fibroid then shrinks and often dies off completely. It is not always effective and may need to be repeated.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
pls mention the size of firoid . if it is larger and creating problem go for surgery otherwise homeopathic medicines have scope to subsides it short treatment
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor