Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is there any other methods to get cure from herniated disc and sciatica?

Hi doctor, I'm suffering from herniated disc and sciatica, I've followed the treatment so it relieves me. but when I stop this treatment, the pain come back. so I'd like to ask if is there any solution without drugs, example walking or swimming ...I don't know.
Tue, 18 Mar 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi ,
As diagnosed with PIVD with radiculopathy it should be mananaged conservatively with regular physiotherapy (spinal extention exercises), avoiding sternous work/exercise bending forward , warm compression with vitamins , analgesic , muscle relaxant (if pain ) n PPI under guidance of orthopaedition . If symptoms aggravates, bladder bowel involve , neurological involvement ...... then may require decompression .
So in my opinion be in regular follow up and treatment accordingly including physiotherapy .

hope it ll help

Thanks n regards
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I just received my mri results and it shows I have a herniated disc (L5-S1) with right paracentral annular fissure. Can you please tell me...

Recent questions on  Hernia

doctor1 MD

I have c5 herniated disc and have for 5 years or so. I am now experiencing increasing disorientation/dizziness spells. Is there a possible...

doctor1 MD

My four year old daughter presented with a slightly swollen area on the left side of her mons pubis. It does not appear red, or have any other...

doctor1 MD

my husband needs a colostomy reversal and hernia repair but has had sexual dysfunction problems that could be related to his original sigmoid...

doctor1 MD

I need to find a Cardiacthoracic surgeon in Fairfax, VA that has no malpractice or medical board suspensions. I had to have surgery in 2009 because...

doctor1 MD

I had a bad case of the flu a 5 weaks ago with fever over 102 deg. I am still sick in stomach and weak and shaking. I am in Arizona. Other...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in the center of my chest near the bottom of my ribcage. sometimes it hurts and burns at the same time. I also have several lumps on my...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have chest pain after I eat or when I lay down and it's so painful them my neck starts throbbing and I went to the er the other night and they...