Is there any other medication other than insulin for a 10 years old diabetic patient?

my 10yrs old borther has DIABATIES..is there nay other sloution else than insulin?plz help..we r much worried. my mom is very ill bocoz of his tension...plz any one there who knows about the diabeties ..plz suggest me something worthful i will be thankfull to you all... my mother is very ill bcoz of his tension..we cannot offord his regular insulin..we love him a lot..how will he mange himself wholelife with DIABATIES???...plz help..plz tell me the best solutions...plz he has type I...doctors said that it is not inherited.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009