Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Is there any other alternative treatment for hypothyroidism ?

I am 23 yrs old girl. Is there any other alternative treatment for hypothyrodism? Thyronorm 100 mcg which is taken by me for last 5 yrs will it cause any side effects? I have to take this medicine life long.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  978
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Sonu ,thanks for query.You are having hypothyroidism means you thyroid gland is not producing enough hormone needed for the body.In this case there is no other option ,you have to supplement if from out side.Normal thyroid function is must for body to function normally.Do not worry about side effects,this is a very good drug.bye.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. There are no other alternative treatment plan for hypothyroidism except for supplementing it through medications... As this is a hormone replacement, the side effects develop when there is over correction leading to hyperthroidism state.. In such a cases symptoms of hyperthroidism like palpitation, weight loss, anxiety, tremors, gastritis and others develop....

Answered: Sun, 24 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor