Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is there any oral medicine for filaria or do I need to go for surgery ?

i have a filaria in my right testis for six month.i am taking oral medicine there is no fever at all but its not coming in its actual size can pls suggest me any oral medicine or shall i have to go for surgery
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Surgery is the last mode of treatment for the Filariasis.., it is transmitted by mosquito bite.. it is caused you to blockage of lymphatic channel and excess growt of fibrous tissue in the surrounding connective tissue.., Tab.Diethycabamazepine 0.6mg/kg body weight is the only treatment, it is long term therapy.. consult a surgeon..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor