Is there any medicines that can cure chronic depression permanently ?

my mother is sufferring from chronic depression time to time during last 8 years. Earlier she was given SERENATA and the drug responded well and she recovered.After 2 years she faced the same problem and the doctor prescribed her MIRTAZ 15 (1 tab daily). This tome also she recovered. She took the medicines for 9 months both times. Now she is facing the same problem. Today doctor prescribed herXET CR PLUS 25 and XENOTRIL SL .025 1 tab daily. Is there any side effects of these medicines? Is there any medicines that can cure her permanently ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009