Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicines for dry flakes in the scalp ?

Hi, my scapl has a lot of scab like things on it nd its flaky and dry. my mom thinks its cradle cap but the doctors think its a fungal thing or ring worm . the game me some pills and a cream but the cream made my face break out and the pills caused an allegic reaction. what should i do?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..dear user.,
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Flaky dry scaly lesion on the Scalp...usully due to.....
first think of ......commonest SEBHORRHIC CAPITIS..,ok..,
1) Everyday apply NOSKURF LOTION night times(it containsClimbazole,
Aminoderm and pirocolamine)-Curatio company... following morning ..
do headbath with Ketaconazole shampoo...(NIZRAL-jhonson)
2) Tab..Teczine (Levocetrizine 5 mg) daily for 10 days..,Ranbaxy
3) Tab.Fluconazole 150 mg weekly once for 6 weeks.,
4) Apllication of Tinaderm lotion after head bath...ok.,
take care and good luck
Answered: Thu, 5 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear u need to visit a trichologist, Richfeel is a good place. u need proper scalp conditioning.have a hair bath everyday.and stop applying or using things, which u r allergic to.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor