Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine to remove the heart blockage ?

Is there any medicine to remove the heart blockage?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  590
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
There are thrombolytics (given intravenously) that can be given to certain patients which can dissolve a clot/blockage. It is only given in the setting of an acute MI (heart attack). They are very potent blood thinners and not everyone is a candidate for this medication. It is usually given when a trip to the cath lab is not readily available. Otherwise, there is no medication available to remove a blockage. It would require either angioplasty/stenting in a cath lab or bypass surgery.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor