Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine to increase height ?

hi sir this is sai kirn ,my age is 22 but my height is 5.4inches .i want it increse my height upto there any medicines avialable to increse height at this age .it there pls help me.i am facing so many problems with my height in college,markets every where.all are calling me like short pls help me sir..........thank full in advance
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Sai;
Thanks for your query.
There is no method to increase the height of a person after age of 22 yrs as by this time all the long bones get fused so extension is not possible.Secondly the height is hereditary so it will be like your height will be in proportion to your parents.
As far as people calling you short you can tell them many eminent personalities like cricketer,filmstars are short in height but have grown very high in stature.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Unfortunately, there is no treatment available to increase your height. At this age, the ends of the long bones have fused and further growth ( which takes place at the ends) is not possible. The only way out is to get customized shoes which typically can add a few inches to your height.
Please remember that it is not the height but the overall personality of a person which determines the way the world looks at them. A lot of short men like Napolean have achieved greatness. So turn around your personality and excel in things you want to achieve. These small things will stop mattering then.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor