Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

121 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is there any medicine to increase height at 20 yrs of age?

sir my name is ram , iam 20 years old , my height is 5.5 inch and i would like to grow upto some 3-4 inches , because my friends height is more than of me they are commenting me fo an every simple physical matters i want to grow some taller is there any medicines to increase my height and also iam not getting beard till now i need ur please suggest me....
Mon, 26 Aug 2013
Report Abuse
Psychologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. Human height increases when bone length increases. Bone length increases with fuzing of bones and other natural changes. Growth of bone stops around the age of 22 or 23. Growth spurt tkes place from 19 to 23. You are now only 20 and have almost three years to grow and for growth burst. Don't worry.

Heredity also plays a vital rold in height. Analyze your ncestor's height and you will be certain. Sleeping straight and keeping an erect posture and doing pull ups helps improving height.

There are no possible artificial ways to improve height without side effects. They are often dangerous also. Therefore be satisfied with what you have positive and not sad about what you have not. Enjoy life and don't loose money and heart.

I hope I clarified your doubt. Available for further clarification.
Good luck.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m girl, age 20+. height 5 2. Weight 60 kg s ( I m overweight and already working towards it. I do not suffer from thyroid or PCOD.) Is it feasible to increase height between 5.4 to 5.6. I have started playing basketball. Also practice yoga and stretching exercises and taking proper diet. My dad s 6 ft tall but my mom s height is 5.3. What should I do to increase my height ? Are their any medicines?

doctor1 MD

hello sir, my age is 20+, height is 4.3 inche, weight is 45 and thirod, polig ,tumer in rectume was operated when i was 8 years old ,jondice and an ancident which was electic shock when i was 8+ years old.hello sir or madam my age is 20+ and my height is 4.7 or 4.8 . so are there any ways to increase my height? like any madicines.

doctor1 MD

Hello sir my self madhu,last month i have completed my 20,sir as i m now 20 years old and my height is 5.2 and i m not satisified with my height so i w ant to increase my height atleast more upto 4 inch, is it possible at this age , if yes please specify how.More preferably i need ayurvedic tretment... i would be realy thankful to you...