Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine to cure tonsilitis ?

Dear Sir, For my 6 years old daughter had the ear pain and consulted with doctor .During cunsultation doctor found and told us,this ear pain is due to Tonsilitis,which we are not aware at that time.Doctor prescribed the medicines for both ear pain and tonsilitis(Antibiotic medicine CEFCHAMP 100 and ear drops.)for 10 days.Now the ear pain problem solved and again consult the doctor as per doctor s advice.Now the doctor is telling that the surgery is required to remove the tonsilitis and we asked for medicine to cure this problem.Then doctor prescribed the medicine CYPHON Syrup for one month and asked to come after one month. We surprised after checked in internet,why this doctor given CYPHON ? CYPHON is for an appetite medicine and not for cure tonsilitis.So we are suspecting he is willing to do surgery.So Pls suggest is there any medicine to cure tonsilitis .Now my daughter doesn t have any problem in throat .He is telling tonsilitis.So we are planning to consult with another doctor.If possible pls give the details to cure tonsilitis with out surgery.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  387
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Tonsillectomy is the only cure with Allopathy.
But if you are in India, Batasha/ Patasha, made from sugar which is available at grocery shop. Have crushed batasha/patasha with turmeric powder both almost equal quantity. Put little water in it to make paste. Eat it at last at night. Do this daily for 6 months after that decide for tonsillectomy.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
In herbal medicines we use tab. septillin and tab. kuka. Gargles with saline and hot water. improve immunity with vit. c rich aamla.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello there.. surgery it not at all required .. tonsils can b permanantly cure by homeopathic medicines easily.. consult a homeoapth.. it will benifit her a lot.. god bless..
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. The ear is connected to the back of the nose by a tube known as the Eustachian tube. A collection of lymphoid tissue similar to the (Palatine) tonsils is found in the mid-line at the back of the nose between the openings of these Eustachian tubes. This is known as the Adenoid tissue and it increases in size in children between the ages of 3 and 7 years. After this it regresses and usually disappears by the age of 12 to 15 years. 2. Get an X-ray Skull lateral view for Adenoids done. Does she have a history of snoring or mouth breathing during sleep?
3. Get her ears examined and get a PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and Impedance Audiogram (I/A) done. If on examination her eardrums are dull and if the PTA and I/A are abnormal or show collection of fluid behind the eardrum (Serous [not serious!] Otitis Media) then she will require aggressive medical treatment to avoid an operation.
4. If this was her first and only attack of ear pain, and if the above tests are normal, she may require no further treatment. Chronic tonsillitis, which may require tonsillectomy, is defined by more than 5 to 6 attacks per year over 2 to 3 years.
5. Kindly post her additional history details, examination and test results for further advice.
Answered: Sat, 19 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor