Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine in Ayurvedic for Piles ?

Hi I am 29 and going to get married on this 29. I am suffering from piles from last 10-15 days. My surgeon has told me to undergo an operation and also prescribed me a dolonec, dazolic and oxyroute. I get pain during stool passing and sometime bleeds (minor). Rectum is swollen (one side only) So is it necessary to undergo surgery ? if yes can it b postponed as my doctor told me tht it will take 3-4 weeks for recovery if all things go right. Is there any medicine in ayurvedic ?
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  918
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response

There is a cure in Ayurveda for this.You can have preparations like Kankayan vati,Arshoghan vati ,pilex .But the treatment depends on the degree.If it is 1st or 2nd degree,it can be forsure treated by oral medicatiosn and local ointments.If it is 3rd or 4th degree,then you can opt for " kshar"treatment ,which is agian an ayurvedic treatment. Have more of fiber in your diet and laxatives to avoid constipation.

Dr. Tanju
Ayurvedic Doctor and Nutritionist
Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello, treatment only needed if u r symptomatic.if it is of 1st and 2nd degree then can be treated by dietary fibres,laxatives etc.if its 2nd or 3rd degree then many procedures like sclerotherapy , rubber band ligationhelpful. only 4th degree requires surgery i.e if the mass is outside and cannot b digitally reduced.consult thoroughly with the surgeon.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi Mahesh
If you are symptomatic with pain during passage of stools,bleeding etc then surgery is a valid option.This can be treated conservatively also with seitz bath,laxative etc but the problem may recur.If you are not very bothered by the symptoms then you can try conservative management first.Its not an emergency and surgery can be scheduled later.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor