Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Is there any medicine for skipped beats?

Hi!Doctor. I have a question,is there any medicine for skipped beats?im experienced skipped beats since mos .of May,I undergo an was normal. holter monitor ,the result was normal sinus rhythm with frequent unifocal PVCs,ECG result biggeminy,CBC,U&E cal,mag,was normal.i didn t exp. dizziness.chet pain nor shortness of breath.according to my cardiologist nothing to worry just avoid,coffee,but now a days,I felt more skipped beats,and sometimes with hyperventilation .you feel like no more tomorrow..thank you for your time
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
Dear patient, your missed beats are due to PVCs and these PVCs may some times become so frequent as to occur after every normal beat and give rise to bigeminy . If you are not having any heart disease like coronary artery disease and its risk factors like hypertension,diabetes, obesity, hypercholesterolaemia, smoking then these PVCs are of no major concern and need not to be treated. Only thing that you need to do is to avoid excessive consumption of coffee, tea, smoking , alcohol or any other medicine which can act as cardiac stimulants and there by increase the chances and number of PVCs .
wish you good luck
Dr Arshad
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor