Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Is there any medication to stop progression of cylindrical and spherical power in eyes?

hi, im 27 years old and i have spherical and cylindrical power in both eyes, RE : SPH = -4.75 CYL = -1.5 axis = 15 ::: LE : SPH = -3.5 CYL = -2.5 axis = 165, the cylindrical and spherical power has been increasing in both eyes and does not get constant. How long will this progress to and a doctor stated that if this progression continues, it high risk for my eyes and may lead to blindess. Please suggest what do I need to do now? Can I take any medication to stop the progression? Will LASIK help?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  492
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
there is no specific medication to stop the progression of power or change of eye power..u may take eye tonics with antioxidents ,lutein,xeaxanthin and other multivitamins like eyevital-LX, astragold etc..u can get yr vision check every 3 months so that any change in eye power must get corrected as soon as diagnosed, u may use toric contact lenses, they r more physiological than specs , u may get yr LASIK done only after yr eye power become constant..u will not get blind ..just like that..get yr eye fundus examined..for any retinal weakness..LATTICE etc..tell me if u find my advice useful>>??
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor